Re: J.E.T. computer enhancement

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 23:49:38 EDT

<< You're telling me that with a performance SBEC you can't put a cam in
 these things? What about the MP cams offered? Are you telling me
 that you can't even hear the cams that you CAN use in them?

 Thanks for the info,

 Tate >>

I'm not positive about the SBEC, but my friend put the Mopar Perf Grind (junk,
IMO) in his 98 Dakota... you couldn't hear the thing lope, at all.. Maybe if
it's real cold out and on a cold start you *might* hear a lope... but all the
fun goes away at opp. temps... but, his check engine light still came on.

I run a Comp Cams grind in my 97, and it thumps very, very hard through two 2
chamber flowmasters w/ dumps.. so hard it sets off car alarms.. I think my cam
is at the computers limit of sanity w/ 220 deg dur @ .050.. so I wouldn't go
any longer than that... but, of course, the check engine light comes on after
long periods of idle.

I don't pay any attention to it anymore... I'm happy with my truck, and there
are no drivability problems other than that light.

ttyl
patrick