Re: J.E.T. computer enhancement

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 10:22:39 EDT

<< Patrick,

 Let me get this straight, you have that cam with a stock computer. What
 would happen if I put something like that in my 5.2 (93 Dak). I have a MP
 computer. Would it work, or would the computer have a sh*t fit?

 Brian >>

It will work, but the computer probably wouldn't agree with a cam as agressive
as mine. I'm not sure because I haven't done it before. The only cam
experience I've had in a Magnum 5.2 is with the MP Cam (pretty mild) in a 98
Dak. Everything worked fine and the power gains were noticable in the
midrange.

The cam I use really shakes the fenders on my 360, so I'd assume if you used
one with no greater duration than 210 deg dur on no less than a 112 deg lobe
sep you should be alright. You also don't have a OBD-II system so your engine
shouldn't detect all the misfires at idle.

ttyl
patrick