160 vs 180 stat

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 09:57:57 EDT

Been talkin to alot of mechanics and the consensus is that with these newer
engines, dont go below 180. Everyone pretty much said that these engines are
designed to run hotter. Running too cold can cause excessive carbon build-up
especially on the intake valves. Even though the 160 may seem to run better,
its not good for a daily driver. Guess I'm gonna change my stat to a 180 just
to be safe. At least I will get to actually see the difference between all
three stats.
92 "experimental" 318 slushy 4x4 caddyspanker :0)
Boog