Re: DML:why more HP to the wheels? was: SC on R/T

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 17:58:40 EDT

Andy,
Wouldnt higher internal pressures and less slippage result in more
transmitted power? I know my 72 cuda goes faster with the crisp turboaction
tranny that sits behind its 340. If transmission re-calibration leads to
lower operating temps (in all mfgs literature) then more work must be
transmitted to somewhere instead of the atmosphere via the oil cooler. Gots
to obey the laws of thermodynamics. Hopefully all that extra work can be
demonstrated by smoking shifts into second...
Bruce