(no subject)

From: (no email)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 13:23:40 EDT

> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:58:40 -0700
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> From: Bruce Bridges <bbridges@alarismed.com>
> Subject: Re: DML:why more HP to the wheels? was: SC on R/T

> Andy,
> Wouldnt higher internal pressures and less slippage result in more
> transmitted power? I know my 72 cuda goes faster with the crisp turboaction
> tranny that sits behind its 340. If transmission re-calibration leads to
> lower operating temps (in all mfgs literature) then more work must be
> transmitted to somewhere instead of the atmosphere via the oil cooler. Gots
> to obey the laws of thermodynamics. Hopefully all that extra work can be
> demonstrated by smoking shifts into second...
> Bruce

Yes, you will get more HP to the wheels with a higher line pressure
and less internal clutch friction. If you drove a car with a shift
kit like you drive a car without one (normal driving here), you would
get more life out of the tranny with kit due to reduced friction.

|{eith R. Phelps

Cat..... the other white meat.