HP

From: droopie (droopie@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 23:58:14 EDT

I just got a response from a guy in Atlanta that has a DynoJet .

He told me that he has put a Paxton on a '98 R/T and it raised the
rear-wheel HP from 190 to 330 HP .

Now that's great and all , but here comes the dumb question :

Is the 250 Peak HP that Chrysler claims the HP at the flywheel or what ?

I thought they stopped that in the seventies and started doing them all
at
the rear wheels ?

I hate to sound stupid , but maybe I am ......

They measure at the crank. The switch they made was from SAE Gross to
SAE net or something like that. Basically I've heard that your '70 475
HP LS-6 in 98 would be more like 350 hp. Just a way the manufacturers
tried to get around insurance regs and stuff like that I suppose.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black