RE: Hi-Po Cams,and parts Limitations

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 10:18:23 EDT

Scott wrote:
The factory "Magnum R/T" cam sold via the Mopar Perf. parts catalog is
204/208 duration at .458/.467 lift. Personally I think the .512/.536
lift on the cam mentioned above is a little too radical, unless the
heads are ported to flow well at those higher lifts. It will beat up
on the springs as well as the rest of the valvetrain more, that's for
sure.

What about the above?

I am DEFINITELY interested in a group cam buy. I don't think I posted
this to the list, but I have been corresponding regularly with a fella
named Scott Brown with Straightline Performance in Michigan.
 According to Scott, they only carry top quality parts not a lot of
selection, but what they carry is first rate (ex: the wires they sell
- Magnecor). He is working up a valvetrain package to sell for the
318 Magnums. Pushrods, guides, studs, 1.6 or 1.7:1 rollers, springs
and retainers. He said they are manufactured by one of the major
manufacturers of these types of parts, but will be less expensive
because they come in a box that says "Straightline Performance"
instead of Mopar Performance, Crane, Competition, Crower, ect.....

Another option is a group buy from Westoaks Dodge or maybe Koller
Dodge - I saw a Koller ad in Mopar Action and they seemed to have
really good prices.

Any info would be appreciated, and I'll provide any info I can.

Tate