Re: A/C, Not too cool

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 13:10:37 EDT

>Hi,
>
>I have a 98 CC with the 5.2l and the A/C is not very impressive. I hear
>mention of some of you lovin' your A/C, even in Texas with the 100+ heat wave.
>Mine is hard to love in the high 80's. Do the 98's have wimpy air
>conditioners, or is mine an under achiever?
>
>I would like to do a quantatative test on the unit before I complain about
>it to
>the dealer. Is there any other test besides measuring the discharge
>temperature
>from the ducts? What should this temperature be on a healthy A/C?

Wow, I have a 97 3.9L and running my A/C is like stepping into a freezer.
Even when its hot out I have to run it with a little bit of heat dialed in
or it become uncomfortably cold. Just to add perspective I'm one of those
people who are rarely too cold. I work in a climate controlled environment
set at 68F and I think thats ideal. To me anything over 80 is too hot. Even
so, the regular A/C setting im my Dak is still too cold for me afetr a few
minutes

Tony J. Mastres
Photographer
Photographic Services __