Re: Ceramics

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 13:08:43 EDT

Travis,
The ceramic coating will reduce the underhood temps by a certain amount,
(specified by the coater/header guys as around Xdeg at the surface of the
header) I have the coating on my 72 cuda and I can lay a spark plug wire on
the tubes and not fry it off. I dont think that would be possible on
uncoated. Other potential benefits are longer life of the rubber and
plastic parts in the engine compartment. Supposed benefits are more HP
although Im having a hard time rationalizing that one...
Bruce K Bridges