oil color

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 17:48:03 EDT

>>> Cars never came with oil filters until the late 50's! So they did OK
for
> about 50 years without one.

>> Depends on how you define OK. I wonder how many people here would enjoy
>>pouring new Babbitt bearings every 10,000 miles? ;)

How many cars have you owned with Babbitt bearings? 'cause I can tell you
that getting a 100K out of one was not that big a deal. And by-the-way,
I've got a 54 Chevy 1/2 ton sitting here, with a pressurized oil system and
regular bearings that did not come with an oil filtration system.

Gary

The Internet - Living proof that 10,000 monkeys in a room with 10,000
typewriters will NOT
eventually duplicate the works of Shakespeare!