RE: 5.2 vs 5.9 v-8

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 21:38:31 EDT

www.edmunds.com

Or do an Internet query on Dodge trucks.

Yes, they have a 5spd.

230 hp
300 lbs torque

The problem with the V8's is that Chrysler can't make them fast enough
to satisfy demand for the V8 Dakota AND Durango. As for problems for
you personally, I would say that your biggest problem will be
alienation from friends and family because you'll never want to quit
driving your truck!! The power will be a big jump from a Toyota.
 Whether you want to sling mud, haul cargo, or haul ass, these Daks
can't be beat. Period. Look through the archives - query on the word
"problem" for example.

 Problems with my truck? Paint peeled of front bumper - dealer
replaced and sprayed red to match truck. Paint chips - dealer's fault
- they painted rear bumper red too to make me happy since I had made
so many trips to the dealership. Plastic peeled off in thin sheets on
passenger rearview and a little on driver's - replaced both myself
(choice - I take better care of my truck than anyone - mirrors were
warrantied, of course), sudden change in oil pressure after about a
year of operation (still well within operating limits).

30,000 hard miles on her in one year - I'm talking dragstrip every
Friday night in the summer, lots of deer and hog hunting trips, and
ready for a street race anytime that's safe. Not to mention the fact
that she gets me to work everyday. I love my truck!!!!!!

Welcome!

Tate

97 RC 5.2L 5spd 3.21
TB mods