Re: 5.2 vs 5.9 v-8

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 23:05:12 EDT

<<
 I'm thinking of buy the Dakota sport club cab or extra cab, what are the
 specs on the v-8s in terms of horsepower, torque? Do the v-8s come with the
 5-spd? What should I look for in terms of problems in the v-8s? I owned a
 Toyota 4Runner and the head gasket was the major problem for the v-6, but
 Toyota made that problem into a recall. Is there a FAQ on the list? >>
Frank, welcome to the wonderful world of Dodge!! If your purchasing a new
Dak, only the 5.2 is available with a 5spd. The 5.9 is available only with the
R/T package at this point. Its debateable upon which is better for all out
performance but if thats what you want go with the R/T., But if your into
that 5 spd thing like me get the 5.2. Now if you want to get an older Dak to
play with, you can always swop from a 5.2 to a 5.9 like me and keep the 5spd!!
Problems with the V8? Only problem I ve found is when to stop modifying it!!
Thats a big problem! Theres just way to many options out there to play with!!
The 8's have been around since the mid to late '60's, so I'm pretty sure all
the bugs have been worked out by now!! Welcome!
Eric