Re: was Help on Muffler Choice

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 25 1998 - 19:16:58 EDT

I would just like a more notable rumble from my truck.....my truck has 91,000
on it....the muffler needs replacing......I don't do any type of racing with
my 4x4, other than an ocassional run with some Ranger or S10 on the street,
but thats it. I do want a better sound, not that interested in performanace
gains that much. Just would like my love, my pride, my joy, to run better.
Don't tell my girlfriend that wasn't about her !!! My plan was to get a
Flowmaster or a Dynomax Muffler and put a Megs Sound Tip out the rear for some
added rumble. Well I do have to say that I like Flowmaster mufflers better, I
just still don't know what kind to get.......they list 3 mufflers for my
truck:
THANKS SO MUCH ONCE AGAIN GUYS, YOU ARE TRUE DAKOTA OWNERS!!!
42542: 40 Series(2 Chamber)...$52
      Flowmaster says that the 40 Series is a deep powerful sound outside of
the vehicle, and has interior resonance in most applications.

42552: 50 Series(3 Chamber)...$58
      Flowmaster says that the 50 Series has a mellow yet powerful sound in
most applications. Quieter than the 40 Series mufflers outside. A "special
tuning chamber" helps reduce interior resonance at most driving speeds.

52532: 30 Series.....this one is out of the question cause its $105