Re: was Help on Muffler Choice

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 25 1998 - 18:42:37 EDT

<< well if I do go with a Super Turbo I wouldn't get the complete kit, just
the
 2.5 in/out muffler, number 17733 I think.... >>

I've heard many Dynomax mufflers before, and I personally have never really
liked them. Most of their "free-flow" designs use a fiberglass packing that
will most likely end up bruning out, despite what their claims are. A plus
side for the Flowmaster is that they don't use any internal packing at all.
Most of the Dynomax systems I have heard are very quiet, but tend to have a
totally different sound than the Flowmasters. They (Dynomax) are more on the
raspy glasspack sounding side than anything else.

It all depends on what kind of sound you are looking for, because I doubt
you'll get any noticable performance gain from just a muffler swap.

A Dynomax Super Turbo on your truck will probably sound very similar to stock,
but a tad bit louder.

ttyl
patrick