Re: Transgo offer

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 01:12:46 EDT

all right here it is guys
I am using the Transgo TFOD-HD2 valve body kit.
I have a 98 5.2 cc with a 44 re trans. . This kit will fit all a500 and a518's
from1988-1998 except for the asian jeep trans.
The kit is a sure winner!!!
The kit is quite easy to install, if you are familiar with mopar trans.'.
You will replace the manual valve, drill and file in a few places, replace 1-2
gov. valve ( only if you want to down shift to 1st at any speed ),grind a little
off of the tv valve and replace spring with one from kit, drill the separator
plate ( I drilled all the holes to the max size ), replace pr spring ( I first
used the blue spring but that makes the shift points way to high for these low
revving engines, I now have the white spring in, with the adjustment turned in one
round ), replace 4th accumulator spring and install plug ( this will give a little
better overdrive shift )
I did not install the rear servo spacer or spring ( this will be done in a few
weeks ).
The performance of the trans/truck is a lot better. The sift points may be a
little to high for some but boy it works well this way. The 1-2 shift is very firm
( not tire chirping ) and the 2-3 is even better. The 3-4 and converter lock up is
very good as well. If the rear servo parts are used and the check ball is removed
as is stated in the instructions I think the 1-2 would be extremely good.
There is no doubt that this truck is a lot quicker with the kit than without.
Before installing it I ran a guy from work that has a 98 ferd mustang gt 5-speed,
I could stay with him until I went to second gear. He would pull me about a car
from the time it started to shift to the time it was done. Now I can stay with him
through 1-2 and pull him a little after going into 3rd ( not to bad for a heavy
a** truck ).
By the way I may be able to get a hell of a deal on these kits. Maybe in the range
of
$80- 90. I didn't pay that much for mine but I don't think I can get it for anyone
else that cheap ( but I will give it one hell of a try ).
FWIW
Colin H.