Re: Warm Air Conditioning...

From: Brent Watson (ldavid@snet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 16:11:21 EDT

> Joe -
>
> I have a 98 R/T Club Cab that is black and I live in Atlanta . I too , have
> not been extremely impressed by the A/C .
>
> It gets cold enough , but it takes a long time to get there . When I took
> it to the dealer , they said they checked the discharge temp and it was
> correct . I had heard others here say that the refridgerant in there's was
> low from the factory , so I will have them check that too .
> W . Jack Hilton III
>
> HEMI@mindspring.com

That seems odd, that the air conditioners aren't up to par, in the 98's.
We have a 95, and we are from Texas. The air conditioning gets COLD
about 10 seconds after turning it on. And in 100+ degree weather, after
having the AC on high for about 5 minutes, it's a bit too cold to where
I have to turn it down to low. I haven't had anything special done to
it, nor have I had it recharged. It sounds like a rip if you ask me.
Maybe you should check in with the dealers to see if anything can be
done about it!!! I would.
Have fun!