Re: Re: Warm Air Conditioning...

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 12:33:07 EDT

At 03:11 PM 7/26/98 , you wrote:

>> I have a 98 R/T Club Cab that is black and I live in Atlanta . I too , have
>> not been extremely impressed by the A/C .
>>
>> It gets cold enough , but it takes a long time to get there . When I took
>> it to the dealer , they said they checked the discharge temp and it was
>> correct . I had heard others here say that the refridgerant in there's was
>> low from the factory , so I will have them check that too .

>That seems odd, that the air conditioners aren't up to par, in the 98's.
>We have a 95, and we are from Texas. The air conditioning gets COLD
>about 10 seconds after turning it on. And in 100+ degree weather, after
>having the AC on high for about 5 minutes, it's a bit too cold to where
>I have to turn it down to low. I haven't had anything special done to
>it, nor have I had it recharged. It sounds like a rip if you ask me.
>Maybe you should check in with the dealers to see if anything can be
>done about it!!! I would.

That's the same way it is with my 97. COLD air starts coming out almost
immediately after turning it on. Even after sitting out in the Texas heat
and it's almost too hot to get into. I'll bet that's it... it's not hot
enough in Atlanta :)

--
I can please only one person per day.
Today is not your day.