Re: Meeting

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 22:41:31 EDT

Yeah! I can dig, Jon! We could have three or more events, maybe one in
each region (east, central,west) in the spring and another in the Fall.
IT's also a good idea to Piggy-back a bigger event, especially a Mopar
Event. I think some of the MuscleCar Mopar guys would get a kick out of
70 or so Daks all in one area. We'll have to do a good share of planning
to make it work, but it's worth a try! =)... I'm all for it!

-mike d.

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox, mild mods
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"I like my Sugar with Coffee and Cream!!"
                                            -Ad Rock... Beasties

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998 23:20:37 -0400 Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
writes:
>>to be in the area at the time, then that would be a special
>opportunity
>>bridge the gap!! Make sense?<<<
>>
>>Good call! I would really like to get as many DMLers together from
>>evrywhere as possible, but the coasts thing has potential! I can dig!
>>think most of the DMLer's are from the cntral US though. I'm thinkin'
>if
>>we centralize we may have a bigger overall turnout, but then again we
>>could do each coast and have people from each side of the Country at
>both
>>meets and get a really BIG turnout. How 'bout it list? Coasts or
>>centralized, it's ya'll's call =)
>>

> BTW: Anyone wanting to check out where your fellow DMLers are
>located
>can take a gander at the DML map:
>
> http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/www/dakota/map/
>
> Takes a while to load, but it'll instantly give you a good idea of
>where everyone is. (Of course, not everyone on the DML is on the map,
>
>but its probably fairly representative.) (Feel free to add yourself
>if you're not on it!)
>
>-----------------
>
> For what its worth, the DoD (Denizens of Doom Motorcycle Club, also
>
>an Internet-only entity) has a couple of yearly get-togethers, the ECR
>and
>the WCR (East Coast Ride, West Coast Ride). They've been doing it for
>
>several years now, and it seems to work well for them. They don't
>piggyback on another event, but they're big enough to have their own
>event.
>(Last time I checked there were about 1500 members, I think.)
>
> So anyway, the "coasts" idea seems like it could work. We could
>probably
>have an east, central, and west get-together. That would make it the
>easiest for most of the members to be able to attend at least one
>of 'em... And for those members in between a couple of events, they
>would get to go to a couple. :-)
>
> For the east coast, maybe Chryslers at Carlisle would be a good
>event to "piggyback" on? Might be too far north for some east
>coasters,
>but its right in the middle of a whole mess of dots in the northeast.
>few DMLers are probably planning on going there anyway... I've never
>been
>there myself, but I know Ned Vogler goes every year. I think he said
>something a while back that if enough DMLers pre-registered, we could
>get
>our own tent, like the MML does. I know a guy who makes vinyl
>banners;
>how about a big tent with the DML logo (whatever that is) flyin' out
>front?
>:-) Another good thing about Carlisle is that its already over for
>this
>year, so there's plenty of time to plan for next year. ?

> On a related note, a bunch of us were planning to meet up at the
> [...]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]