Re: Meeting

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 12:15:22 EDT

Jon -
I really like the map. What would be neat (IMHO), would be a feature so
that when you put the mouse cursor next to a dot, a window would pop up
that lets you know who that dot represents. Currently after you look at
the dots you have to move down to the descriptions to determine who the
dot represents. Eventually there will be several same colored dots in
some areas (like Houston).
Sorry to be giving you more work, it's just a suggestion.
Thanks for the map. It's really great to be able to reference where
people on the list live!
Richard in SA

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998 23:20:37 -0400 Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
writes:
>>to be in the area at the time, then that would be a special
>opportunity
>>bridge the gap!! Make sense?<<<
>>
>>Good call! I would really like to get as many DMLers together from
>>evrywhere as possible, but the coasts thing has potential! I can dig!
>>think most of the DMLer's are from the cntral US though. I'm thinkin'
>if
>>we centralize we may have a bigger overall turnout, but then again we
>>could do each coast and have people from each side of the Country at
>both
>>meets and get a really BIG turnout. How 'bout it list? Coasts or
>>centralized, it's ya'll's call =)
>>

> BTW: Anyone wanting to check out where your fellow DMLers are
>located
>can take a gander at the DML map:
>
> http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/www/dakota/map/
>
> Takes a while to load, but it'll instantly give you a good idea of
>where everyone is. (Of course, not everyone on the DML is on the map,
>
>but its probably fairly representative.) (Feel free to add yourself
>if you're not on it!)
>
>-----------------
>
> For what its worth, the DoD (Denizens of Doom Motorcycle Club, also
>
>an Internet-only entity) has a couple of yearly get-togethers, the ECR
>and
>the WCR (East Coast Ride, West Coast Ride). They've been doing it for
>
>several years now, and it seems to work well for them. They don't
>piggyback on another event, but they're big enough to have their own
>event.
>(Last time I checked there were about 1500 members, I think.)
>
> So anyway, the "coasts" idea seems like it could work. We could
>probably
>have an east, central, and west get-together. That would make it the
>easiest for most of the members to be able to attend at least one
>of 'em... And for those members in between a couple of events, they
>would get to go to a couple. :-)
>
> For the east coast, maybe Chryslers at Carlisle would be a good
>event to "piggyback" on? Might be too far north for some east
>coasters,
>but its right in the middle of a whole mess of dots in the northeast.
>few DMLers are probably planning on going there anyway... I've never
>been
>there myself, but I know Ned Vogler goes every year. I think he said
>something a while back that if enough DMLers pre-registered, we could
>get
>our own tent, like the MML does. I know a guy who makes vinyl
>banners;
>how about a big tent with the DML logo (whatever that is) flyin' out
>front?
>:-) Another good thing about Carlisle is that its already over for
>this
>year, so there's plenty of time to plan for next year. ?

> On a related note, a bunch of us were planning to meet up at the
> [...]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]