Re: WANTING TO KNOW ABOUT SUPERCHARGERS AND NEW CHIPS

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 02:34:45 EDT

<< I talked to a guy at Paxton last week. He says that their experience with
 Dodge engines is that the head gaskets are very weak, and prone to blowing.
 He advised using Fel Pro gaskets in place of the stock ones. Maybe this guy
 keeps getting factory gaskets?

 Brad >>

Well this obviously shows Paxton's knowledge of the new Dodge truck, LOL.
There's a local guy here who runs 10psi on his ram with NO boost retard.. I've
seen him make many passes down the track just to have pretty violent
detonation half way down ... pings quiet often, alittle more than it should
... never had a head gasket problem, and the blower's been on the truck for
over a year.

Maybe it's b/c Paxton's self contained transmission fluid that makes it run
alittle hotter, which leads to a hotter intake charge, detonation, blown head
gaskets.. makes sense.

Don't run a Paxton.

 :)

Patrick