Re: Popping Noise?

From: Joseph Hughes (jhughes@puma.dpg.devry.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 09:43:31 EDT

        What the popping noise your describing sounds like is the
backpressure. With a flowmaster you have free-flow muffler so your
exhaust basically is shooting through the header and that is all. The
flowmaster doesn't give you much to work with in the way of backpressure.
Trust me, I had duals on my 89 Mustang 5.7 with flowmasters, I wouldn't
advise people to do it unless they were going the full 9 on the whole
exhaust system.

Joe Hughes