Re: Junker Law was: 99 Dakota R/T

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 13:49:16 EDT

W. Jack Hilton III wrote:

> In case you don't know what a "Moving Target Inspection" is , and I think
> this is what you are talking about , Ron , this is when the DOT (spurned on
> by the Clean Air Act Gistapo) sits on the side of the road with a van

  I wasn't thinking about that when I posted the message, but you brought
up a very good point and it applies just as well.

  I was actually referring to changing emission targets over the years;
one year the '66 Mustang is exempt, the next year it is subject to a static
sniffer test, the year after that they require an IM-240 test.

> And if you think that they will never do it , think again , they have
> already been testing it here in GA !!

  Here in NC as well.

  Ron