Fwd: Air Cleaner.

From: RLewis7785@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 15:45:11 EDT

--part0_901568711_boundary

I originally sent this to todd, but thought I'd share with everyone.

--part0_901568711_boundary

From: RLewis7785@aol.com
To: Mustang@netunlimited.net (Todd Flummer)
Subject: Air Cleaner.
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:44:17 EDT

Hey Todd,

I am a DML Member and looked at your site. Good job for a first shot.

I notice you have the same air cleaner as mine (my pics are on the DML Page).

Did you do anything to seal the element to the base? I ask because shortly
after I installed mine, I drove behind a truck that was dropping sand, and it
got all over my engine compartment. I removed my air cleaner and ARGHHHH!!
Sand on the top of my TB inside the cleaner.

As best I can tell, where legs of the wire basket inside go under the edge of
the element, there is a small gap, and air will take the path of least
resistance. I immediately went to a hardware store and bought some closed
cell foam tape and stuck it around the perimeter of the base and the element
sits on it.

Can't tell for sure if it helps (without pouring dirt on it and running it),
but I think it is doing what I intend.

BTW, I really like the look of this unit.

Richard Lewis, Houston TX
92 LE CC, 318, Auto.

--part0_901568711_boundary--