Re: Re: JET chip Re: Dodge Application

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 17:04:22 EDT

Glenn & Lynn wrote:

> Funny thing I noticed is if you go direct to Jet at $299 and it costs more
> than if you go to someone else who had to buy from them? there is a four
> wheel outfit that offered them around $217.95 you can check it out yourself
> at www.4wheelparts.com
> See if they will do the group buy?
> PS I'm interested in one for my wife she has a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee with
> the 4 liter I6 engine and automatic if it counts of course?
> Glenn

Actually not strange at all, Glenn. The manufacturer will have a list
price(MSRP) that they will stick to in order to protect their
distributers. If they were to sell on the same profit margins as the
distributers and seriously undercut the price, they would soon alienate
folks and eventually no one would buy from them. They'd be limited only
to direct sales(severe example) and sales volume drops dramatically in
that situation.

Bob