Re: 98 Transmission and Rear Transfer Leaks!

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 23:44:16 EDT

>appears to squeeze out after bolting housings together, so you end up with
>aluminum on aluminum with very little sealant around the edges.

Well , if they know what they're doing , they would know that when you use
the sealant to "make" a gasket , that you have to let it set-up for just a
bit to let it harden slightly . And then , if they overtightened it , which
it sounds like they did , then it WILL always leak .

But then again , some vehicles just always leak .

I would lean more towards the first though .
W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com