Re: Pinging

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 13:24:42 EDT

I would be on him like stink on shit !

If he still won't do anything , ask to talk to the factory rep .

At 12:04 PM 8/4/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>I haven't been too active on the list for a while, so I'm sorry if I'm
rehashing something, but here goes...

>For the last month or two my 97 Dakota has been pinging under moderate
acceleration. Starting up from a traffic light, or going up a hill is
likely to cause the problem. (This is with the V6, BTW) It seems to
happen much more frequently on hot days. I mentioned it to the dealer and
he wouldn't even look at it. He said I should just use 89 octane fuel
(despite the fact that the manual calls for 87) Is this normal or should I
get on his back about it?