Re: 5sp clutch adjustment

From: Joseph Hughes (DD) (jhughes@puma.dpg.devry.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 08:17:23 EDT

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Joel Znamenacek wrote:

> I have a 98 w/5sp and want to adjust the clutch so that it grabs near
> the floor instead of the default top of pedal grab. The dakota service
> manual came today and it does not have anything on clutch adjustment.
> Can someone tell me how to do it?
>
> Joel

        Joel, on most dakota's that have come into the shop where I work
at in Naperville,KWR Motorcar, all the clutche's including mine soo far
have been hydraulic clutch's. And as everybody knows, you can't adjust a
hydraulic clutch, the only thing that you can do is pray to gos you don't
lose it in traffic. The one thing you can do is to buy a new clutch kit,
or order up parts from some speed shop. The usual price for replacing
dakota's clutch's range from $300-$600.

Hope I could be of some help.

Joe Hughes