Re: O/D Lockout

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 01:54:58 EDT

It is the planet that is failing in these units, but under normal conditions (
but we aren't driving our dakotas under normal conditions) the overdrive units
are fairly good. The best thing that you can do is to get the transgo kit ( I
know, I am working on a good price !!!!! ) and use a good synthetic ATF. I use
Mobil 1 synthetic atf in mine, It doesn't meet the mopar 7176 spec. but is
much better and handles the heat better also. After installing the trans. kit
the converter locks up at around 40mph in third and stays locked up a lot
better ( you can push down the gas more with out it coming out of lock up )
overdrive stays in much better as well.

FWIW
Colin H.