Brett-pinging

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 00:15:14 EDT

Actually, Brett, there isn't a whole lot the guy at the dealer can
do. As we've discussed here before, you cant change the timing on
our trucks, it's all handled by the computer. If your truck is
not running real hot (which could make it ping), and you have a good
tune-up on it with good plugs, filters, etc., then the only thing
you can do is upgrade the gas.
  My wife's geo tracker pings unless you use premium fuel, so did
my Mazda B2200 (first truck before got my Dakota)

Patrick