RE: RE: Keebler Elves evicted! was:Jet Chip

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 17:11:12 EDT

Hay Bruce,

Glad to hear that you went with the JET stage II & 180 t-stat.
You really won't be disappointed. There were a couple of posts
about Hypertech and the quality of JET components. In the early
days of chip mods., JET would actually alter voltages and resistance
to the computer. Those days are gone. The module that you have
actually has a microprocessor, fuel and ignition "look-up" tables in it.
These tables actually apply to all RPM and power levels. You can see
the changes if you put the vehicle on a dyno . The Mopar Performance
computers that I have taken a look at change fuel and ignition from
about 1700 RPM & above and center around WOT. The Hypertech
chips don't help daily driving, (only WOT). I don't know about you, but
I want it all, power, economy, driveability, etc. etc. etc. Jet comes
as
close as it gets.....

        Frank