Mobile 1 prices

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 17:41:56 EDT

All,
I have decided to switch over to Mobile 1 in the Dak since I have 10560
miles on it. I was shopping around for good prices and had heard that Wal
Mart had a deal going on. Well, when I got there I found that they were out
of the 6 pack case, which was priced at $23.83, but they did have a jug that
held 4.75 quarts for $14.88. That's a savings of, uhhhh, something over a
buck a quart. I did have to buy another single, but heck, that's still
cheaper than buying a 6 quart box. I also compared specs on a couple of
different oil filters. The K&N filter was $9.95 but it only had an SPE of
90% where as the regular orange Fram is 95% and $1.98. The Fram Double Guard
filter was 96% and was also $9.95. I chose to go with the Fram Tough Guard
as it was $4.95 and has an SPE of 98%. So it looks like my maintanence costs
are a little higher, but hopefully it will wear better in the long run.

John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, 3.92LSD, T&H Package, Power Everything,
Billet Grill, Nerf Bars, Rhino Liner, Snug Lid, homebrew FIPK 2, DDBC