Re: Grinding steering

From: Michael Kneebone (kneebone@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 23:29:28 EDT

At 12:07 PM 08/04/98 -0400, Brett Stoner wrote:
>I've got a 97 dakota and I've noticed that it feels and sounds like
something is the steering column is grinding when I turn the wheel quickly.
 It's not too bad, but my warrantee is going to expire in about 2500 miles
and I'd like to get it fixed before it gets worse. I vaguely remember
other people on the list having this problem earlier. Did anyone get this
resolved and do you know what the solution was?

My 97 had a similiar sound. It was a loose transmission mount. Once they
heard the noise, which eventually got bad enough that I could easily
demonstrate it, it took about 2 hours to track down and 5 minutes to
actually fix. This may not be your problem, but it seems like something
that is easy to have checked out.

Good luck!

Michael Kneebone