Re: 2 Dakota Probs- 1 brake and 1 electronic

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Aug 08 1998 - 18:16:18 EDT

> >I added a trailer wiring kit made by Hoppy that just snaps inline
> >to the rear lamps and requires you to drill a hole in the frame for a
> >ground. With my trailer on the turn signals blink so rapidly that
> >its hard to see them. I went to the dealer and got a "3 lamp" flasher.
> >With it in the turn signal won't flash at all under normal driving
> >without the trailer. Do I have to swap flashers every time I add the
> >trailer? This seems kind of bogus.

I have a 95 Dakota that I tow with. I ordered it with the trailer
towing
package. It came with the standard flasher installed and a heavy duty
one
in the glove box. First time I hooked the trailer up I installed the
heavy duty one and have had no problems, it works when towing and also
works
with just the normal truck lights. I wired up my own brake controller.

Bob Nicks
Cary, NC
95 Dakota (soon to have JBA headers)
96 Impala SS