Re: TSBs and what to do???

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Sun Aug 09 1998 - 06:24:21 EDT

Tony Sarro wrote:

> I have a 91 Dak and i was on the mailing list page looking around and
> I looked through the TSB section. This is my first vehicle so I hope
> this doesnt sound stupid. There are some items on there that concern
> me. Am i right in thinking that you can bring your truck into any
> dodge dealer/service center and they will fix them free of charge.
> Thanks for the info again guys.
> Tony Sarro
> tonyms@acadiacom.net

Tony,

TSBs are only done for free while the truck is under warranty
and you can make the dealer believe that you have that problem.

After the warrant is over then you have to paid for the TSB
to be done.

TSB is not like a re-call, on a re-call the manufacturing is
admitted that there is a defect and is fixing it for free.

A TSB is a service bulletion that is sent to the dealers
telling them how to fix a problem if they see it, the manufacturer
is not admiting that there is a problem on all trucks/cars.

(Work as a dealer mechanic for 7 years. ( Oh forgot now it's called
technican)

Bob Nicks
Cary, NC

95 Dakota (soon to have JBA headers)