Re: DML:Jet chip and 170 vs 180

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 08:39:30 EDT

<< Jack & Bruce,

 The Jet chip(s), only change tranny, fuel and ignition maps.
 Changing to a 170 degree t-stat may not allow the computer
 to inter into "closed-loop" mode (has nothing directly to do with the
 above
 maps). The computer starts looking at the O2 sensors in closed-loop. I'd
 really
 stay away from the 170 or lesser degree t-stat.

         Frank >>
I read that the logic behind the lower temp thermostat is to allow for a
cooler intake which should make more power