Re[2]: Valve covers

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 23:34:20 EDT

> Mike,

> Sounds like a weak or skimpy gasket under the cap. If memory serves,
> those chrome pieces usually come with a pretty thin gasket. Is it
> "really easy" to twist on? If so, a thicker gasket will probably stop it
> up.

> Bob

No it's pretty tough to screw on. I bought a second cap today for the
passenger side (when I get it on) I'll switch caps and see if it leaks
again tommorow. If it does I'm going to see about making a second
baffle to go under the oil fill hole. Would tin be an ok material for
this? It would be easy enough to cut one out and shape it like the
supplied ones.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html