Re: Synthetic name brands oils

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 00:37:54 EDT

>On a 4 Ball Wear Chart:
>Amsoil only has 0.4 MM of wear
>Castrol Syntec-- 0.45 MM of wear
>Valvoline Synthetic-- 0.64 MM of wear
>Quaker State 4x4-- 0.7 MM of wear
>Penzoil-- 0.7 MM of wear
>Havoline Formula 3-- 0.8 MM of wear

What about Mobil 1 ??

And not to be an ass (and I have no idea how much Amsoil is) but if you
could get that down to .3MM of wear would you really be willing to pay some
outrageous price for it , like , I dunno , $20 per quart ?

How the hell much is that stuff anyway ?

I would maybe do it in places other than the engine , because of the
frequencey of the cost as well , like the diff , tranny , whatever , but it
would have to guarrantee that your engine would last forever once it gets
over a certain price .

I mean , if you change it often enough , no matter what you use , it will
last forever anyway .
W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com