Re: Alan's response to antifreeze

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 14:09:32 EDT

At 10:35 PM 8/10/98 , you wrote:

>I put a 160 in my Dak. I Filled it with 50% and now I get code 17. The eng
>isnt warming up enough for the comp. to get out of "choke mode". If I put a
>leaner mix in then would that help? I would have to change it out if we ever
>had a bad winter again.
>Boog

I know next to nothing about this, but I do have a minimum of common sense
(that sound was my wife laughing hysterically). It would seem to me that if
your thermostat were not letting the engine warm up enough, then fiddling
with the coolant ratio would hardly be the ideal solution. It might work,
but so would chaining a bunch of concrete blocks to your back bumper and
dragging them around to make your engine work harder and run hotter. Why
not just put in a hotter thermostat and be done with it?

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse the privilege.