Mobile 1 and engine noise

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 08:40:17 EDT

All,
Well I decided to go ahead and change the Dakota over to Mobile 1 the other
day, and I have a question to ask everyone that is running Synth in their
cars or trucks or whatever. Did you notice that the engine is quieter after
changing over. All I did was change oil and filter and took it around the
block to make sure nothing would start leaking. I thought to myself that it
sounded a little quieter, but figured that it was just me. After wards my
wife and I went out to dinner and I asked her to listen to the truck and
tell me if she thought if it sounded different. She did not know that I had
done anything to it. She said that it sounded quieter to her. So it was not
all in my head. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I the lucky one to
get the quiet oil? BTW, I stayed with the same weight oil as I was running
in Dino Juice, 10W-30.
John
98 Dakota 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto,.......blah blah blah, more stuff.