Gear down!!

From: joe walsh (bucking69@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 11:49:18 EDT

Hi,

I have a '92 Dakota Club Cab, 3.9L automatic.

At times when the transmission is warm the truck will not gear down.
It almost stalls and I have to switch it to neutral to keep it running.
Many times I have brought it to dealers but the symptoms don't happen
and they can find anything wrong with it.

Also when warm (& may be related) and travelling at a steady speed, the
transmission fluctuates between gears and usually settles in a gear that
is too low for the driving conditions (around 1000 revs).

I've had replaced the TPS and lubricated the kick down cable, all to no
avail.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Robert Walsh