RE: 1989 ECM]

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@kp.org)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 21:19:25 EDT

Jim,
Just got off the phone with my friends at Pep Boys and you are right is
was the WRONG part number.
PN 79-9885 is for a 1989 3.9L Dakota (Calif emissions) - the last 4
digits identify the controller (Dodge PN 4379885).
The controller that you actually want is Pep Boys PN 79-9927 and they
can look it up by typing in the PN at the
price look-up screen. The controller can be rebuilt by two sources A1 as
you mentioned or Borg Warner. You might
try a couple of places closer to you, any large parts house like Pep
Boys should be able to get one for you given the
fact that they tend to be very competetive. I hope this helps, and again
keep me informed.

        Frank