Re: Split Fire - my experience

From: Matthew Sheahan (msheahan@Mines.EDU)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 17:17:15 EDT

As for the Splitfires, I wouldn't recommend them. I put them in my last
truck (Dodge d-50 with an I-4, needed all the help it could get!). I had
two of the insulators crack. I don't know if this has anything to do
with the hotter temperature. They were replaced free of charge, but it
is a hassle to go the store and get the replacements, yada yada.

I have heard of another company who makes a "grooved" plug. The same
principle as a split fire (more surface area for the spark to make
contact), but they cost about a 1/3 of what the splitfire's cost. I can't
remeber who makes them, but someone could probably help you out.

Matt