Seat Covers For 98s - Twilight Zone...

From: Gary E. Klim (garyklim@snet.net)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 05:58:15 EDT

Greetings,

Well, I feel like I just stepped into the Twilight Zone! I don't have the
info you're looking for, but I thought you should be just as confused as I
am right about now. Here's the "can of worms" I just discovered:

1) I no longer have the original box the covers came in, so I located the
instructions that were packed with the covers....
2) The title of the instructions are: "Dodge Durango 40/20/40 Seat Covers"!
(Never noticed this till now)
3) I have the 98 Dealer Accessory Catalog, and in the Durango section there
is NO mention of 40/20/40 covers, only buckets!
4) The Dakota Seat Cover Part Number is: 82203987 (Mist Gray) 82203986
(Camel) The only problem is that there is no mention of a cover for the
center "20" bench seat.

Is your brain starting to hurt yet?

I'd like to post this to the list if it's OK with you, as it would be
interesting if others have encountered this same scenario. Let me know.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

gk

BTW, the covers I have fit perfectly, so the Durango seats are apparently
identical.

Gary E. Klim - Somewhere In Connecticut mailto:garyklim@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/garyklim/ mailto:gklim@harman.com