Re: eagle ls bites this!

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 15:06:16 EDT

   Lemme say something about Goodyear tires (as a whole) and before I say it I
apologize to anyone who might be a Goodyear retailer or fan.

     GOODYEAR TIRES ARE SOME OF THE WORST RUBBER ON THE ROAD TODAY.

   I feel better now. I can't wait till these stupid LS tires are dead so I
can replace them with some better tires. I haven't found a set of BADYEAR's
that don't squeak on paint whenever you cross it, or get good traction on
slightly damp roads. I've had several sets of BADYEAR's now (They always
seem to come on new cars) and hated every single one of the things. My friend
even put the top of the line Gatorbacks on his car and they were so bad he
made the tire dealer take them back.
   I've had really good response from Dunlop, Michelin, and Yokahama. My
Dunlop's wore out a little faster than they were listed but Dunlop reimbursed
me the difference so I didn't mind. I had put a new set of Michelin's on my
Shadow last October and they stuck great, were wearing very nicely, and swam
through El Nino with no problem, all before the car got wasted.
   If you're getting the impression that I hate Goodyear, it's not without
reason. These tires have nearly spun me out all because they are allergic to
paint.

Shaun
Tustin, CA