RE: Mileage counter

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@kp.org)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 11:20:51 EDT

Gary,
I only know of two locations on the SBEC controllers (1996 and older),
in the controller itself and in the odometer, there could be more. I do
know it is stored
in non-volatile memory. How they keep the memory "hot" is anyone's
guess, could be a cap, or it truly non-volatile. I have taken
controllers that have sat on the
shelf for a year, plugged them in and the mileage registers the same as
it did when the controllers were removed. Anyone with a diagnostic
machine can set
them to any value you want although most mechanics don't like to set
incorrect values, Dodge mechanics have instructions to set the value in
the controller
to match the odometer.