Re: RE: Stickers

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 16:33:48 EDT

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, gary palmer wrote:

> Guys,
> I have posted this before, but have only recieved feedback from Eric.
> I need the original compositions for my friend to scan these pics.
> DML Member sticker: $1.00 per sticker (black and white) $1.00 extra for
> each color. This is same size as posted on asdfasdf.
> Scat Pak Ram: No price as of yet, but still one dollar per color.
> DML Logo: This may be expensive, maybe $8.00 per sticker since there
> are so many colors, but volume also counts.
> WWW.DAKOTA-TRUCK logo: $2.00 per sticker.
> I am still waiting to hear from Jon. I need his originals to make it
> so, I dont even know if he wants me to do it or not. I think it is a
> good deal.
> Boog

  Gary,

  Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier; I've been meaning to respond
but I've been up to my eyeballs in work lately. (I'm still trying to
catch up after taking a week off.)

  I haven't gone anywhere to price these things yet, but those prices
sound pretty good! If I remember right, you said there was a
required quantity to get those prices? I immagine we could get
away with ordering white in quantity, but any special colors
are probably only going to be one or two at a time.

  Are these vinyl cut decals? You said "black and white" in your
message, so I just wanted to confirm that these would be single
colored stickers where the "space" would be black when put on
a tinted window, rather than an opaque sticker with black and
white ink...

  I don't know if anyone is interested in the full color logo for
a sticker or not; I think we were looking at the single color scat
pak ram (or a variation thereof) and the DML logo with the pentastar
and "www.dakota-truck.net" underneath it. (Is that the $2/sticker
logo, or was that just for the letters "www.dakota-truck.net"?)

  Before commiting to a run, I would like to take a look at the
finished product in person, if possible.

  As far as the originals go, my originals are all electronic;
I created them on the computer. Would he need a printout, or
could he work from a GIF or a JPG? (And if I gave him a printout,
would the sticker be pretty much the same size?)

   Thanks very much for taking the time and effort to check
this out!! I apologize again for my delay in getting back to you.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.85@90.72), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |