No JBA's at my house

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 20:21:43 EDT

Well, for those waiting or counting on the ship date of Wednesday for us
west coast folks, looks like that's a bust.

UPS guy came and went. No headers. Means they didn't ship from LA on
Wednesday as the coater claimed. I'm bummed, as I'd hoped to be crawling
under the truck tonight to get these babies installed.

Hey, also good a good earful yesterday. Checked into the local shop I'd
planned to have do my cat back system. I mentioned to him that I was
going to wait until my headers were installed, but wanted to nail down a
muffler choice, piping, etc. The guy went into a 10 minute "headers are
a waste of money" speech. "You won't gain 5 horsepower and if you do,
I'll buy those headers from you". "They'll leak and we won't help you".
Blah, blah, blah. After spending a few minutes trying to *nicely*
explain(when I really wanted to say Hey, Dick Nose) why I felt he was
wrong, I got his quote for the job($60 more than what he told me over
the phone) and I headed for the door. Too bad. I did see an S10 truck
they had just done a cat back dual job on and the work was nice.

Back to searchin' for a muffler shop without a 'tude.....

Also, anybody know of a Dyno facility in the San Francisco Bay Area?
Would love to get some before and afters on my truck. Got my Jet chip
sitting here and I'd like actual torque and HP numbers before and after
the JET/JBA/cat back install.

Bob