Re: Power rear slider

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 21:50:05 EDT

At 02:53 PM 8/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>A friend of mine put a power rear sliding window in his toyota a few years ago.
>Anypone know if they are available for a 98 Dakota and if you have one, do you like it.
>It sure would be neat, since I'm short, it's a pain to open the slider without getting out
>of the seat and floding it forward.
>
>Also, has anyone seen or done power window in the club cab part of the dakota.
>There was an articl on how to do it in the may issue if Mopar Muscle.
>How do you like it.

  Yep, I saw a couple of '95 club cab dakotas at a local dealer that
had the Mark III conversion done on them. They both had a power sliding
rear window. I'm not sure where Mark III got them, but they must be
available somewhere... In theory, it shouldn't be *too* hard to fab up
yourself; I'm guessing that a screw type motor would work. The hardest
part would be finishing it off and making it look nice. :-)

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.85@90.72), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |