Re: Re: Headers Jackets or Wraps

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Aug 16 1998 - 13:01:45 EDT

At 09:09 PM 8/15/98 , you wrote:

>> I thought there was some 'issue' with the warranty on a truck anyway. As
>> long as you get the things hot, there should be no problem with moisture.
>
>While I have no personal experience with this issue, it has been
>discussed at length on the VetteNet Corvette mailing list. There seems
>to be a pretty firm consensus among some pretty knowledgeable people
>that wrapping is a bad idea for a street vehicle because of the moisture
>question.

The problem is not with getting the things hot, the problem arises when
they cool back down. The hot air between the headers and the wrap (and
there will always be *some* air no matter how tight the wrap) the hot air
holds moisture. When it cools down, the moisture is released. Over time
this equals bad news.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse the privilege.