Re: 92 4x4 club cab suspension

From: Chris lang (langcj@polaris.clarkson.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 18:43:08 EDT

I've got a 93 CC and have the same problem, I go four wheeling frequently
and get hung up on the frame or a crossmember all the time (I bent one of em
pretty good). I put in a 3" body lift it helped me fit the 31" tires with
plenty of room to spare but it does nothing for the cround clearence.
Trailmaster makes the 4" lift for the dakota, i think they also make a 5"
but that seems to be real hard to find. It involves alot of stuff hence
the price. You have to replace the front crossmember on the frame and i
think some steering components get changed too along with most of the actual
suspension. I've also heard that it costs about as much as the kit to have
it installed and on top of that you have to get new rims and of course new
tires. I talked to one person who ended up spending around $3000 for the
whole deal. I wolud like to get one installed on my truck but its gonna be
awhile with that price....

Chris Lang
93 4x4 CC V8 3" body lift, 14x5 K&N, 31X 10.5 Coper ATs